Shlomi Katz has been training in martial arts for 30 years, and teaching youth and adults, civilians and soldiers, for over 25 years. He served as the head of Krav Maga and counter terror training in the LOTAR – the Counter Terror School (CTU) of the IDF. All IDF special forces fighters are trained in Krav Maga at the LOTAR. Shlomi specializes in bringing new students to a high level of self- defense skills in a short amount of time. In his training center in Israel, he raised hundreds of martial arts students and top Israeli fighters.
Certificates and Professional Experience
- Former head of Krav Maga and hand-to-hand combat in the LOTAR – the Counter Terror School (CTU) of the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) and was a soldier in a special forces unit in the IDF.
- Representative and chief instructor of Wingate Krav Maga in the United States. (Wingate Institute is Israel’s National Centre for Physical Education and Sports)
- Master degree (black belt Dan 7) in meijin Kai – an Israeli system that combines Krav Maga, karate and Muay Thai
- Black Belt Dan 6 in Karv Maga
- Dan 5 in pankration (MMA) from the International Federation of Pankration
- Raised and trained world champion in pankration MMA – Asaf Batan
- Dan 3 in karate Hachi-O-Kai from the head of the International Karate Association, Takemasa Okuyama
- Trained several national champions in full-contact fighting and world champions in pankration MMA
- Certified coach in the International Pankration Federation
- Certified instructor by Wingate Sports Institute, Israel 1993
- Purple belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu No-Gi and years of experience in Muay Thai
- Served as the head of the technical committee of the European Federation of Pankration Athlima
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics, The Hebrew University, Israel 1998
- MBA and Finance, Ben-Gurion University, Israel 2003